ACT MEN’S MASTERS UPDATES
ACT Masters Nomination Period Extended & HA Masters Expressions of Interest Assistant Coach – WC2020 Men’s teams
ACT MASTERS NOMINATION PERIOD EXTENDED
HA Masters National Championships – Gold Coast 2020
The Nomination Period for ACT Masters Hockey Teams to compete at the HA Masters Championship on the Gold Coast has been extended.
To nominate go to www.actvetshockey.com and look for the “Nationals 2020 Nomination Form” link at the top of the page.
The Nomination Period MUST close shortly, so please get your nomination in ASAP.
The selection process is already underway so we need YOUR NOMINATION NOW. The Committee’s ability to provide uniforms and accommodation options on the Gold Coast are tied to tight timeframes because this years’ 45-75s Championships begin on 27 June; much earlier than previous years.
Over 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70 and 75s will be held from June 27th to 11th July.
Over 35s and 40s will be played between 3rd and 11th October.
Playing in an ACT Masters Hockey Team is a fantastic way to extend your hockey prowess and enjoy the social side of Masters Hockey.
HA Masters – Expressions of Interest – Assistant Coach – WC2020 Men’s teams
Please find below information about expressions of interest sought for Assistant Coaches for World Cup 2020 Australian Masters Men’s teams. Would you please share with your hockey networks as soon as possible with the closing date being Friday 13 March.
Hockey Australia Masters are seeking Expressions of Interest from suitably qualified people as Assistant Coaches for the 2020 World Cup.
- Australian Over 40 Men playing in Nottingham, England
3 – 18 August 2020 (inclusive)
- Australian Over 70 Men playing in Tokyo, Japan
1 – 16 November 2020 (inclusive)
Please forward your expression of interest in writing to Martin Ferrari – firstname.lastname@example.org By Friday 13 March 2020
These positions are self-funded with estimated costs:
- Over 40 – Nottingham $3,500 + Flights + Uniforms
- Over 70 – Tokyo $4,500 + Flights + Uniforms + Attendance at Team Training Camp on the Gold Coast – 26/27 June 2020.
Please address the following criteria as part of your Expression of Interest:
- Must be prepared to abide by all relevant HA Policies and Procedures
- Evidence of experience, ideally with a successful track record of coaching and/or providing technical support at a national level – especially Masters level
- Demonstrate experience at working within a team and coaching environment.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition
- Conduct individual training sessions as required – both physical and technical
- Proof of the ability to work effectively within a team, possessing excellent planning, interpersonal, management and organisational skills, with the ability to inspire others
- Must have knowledge and have used video equipment to record practices and games.
- Preferred experience – set up Video Performance Analysis software to analyse games.
In addition to addressing the criteria please provide a summarised Hockey CV to support your application including all contact details.
Thanks for reading!