ACT Academy of Sport (ACTAS)
The ACTAS Hockey Program provides scholarship holders with access to world-class coaching, facilities and support services as well as high performance training and competition environments. To be eligible for an ACTAS scholarship athletes must be identified from Hockey Australia as a current and/or potential National player. ACTAS’s view is to:
- Provide a quality daily training environment for athletes selected in National Senior, Development and Junior Squads. Identify and develop potential National level athletes.
- Increase the depth of potential National level athletes.
- Develop a pathway for elite athletes to achieve their potential
- Increase representation in National Teams.
- Improve the performance of athletes and teams at national level and thus improving and/or maintaining the international ranking of Australian teams.
The current scholarship period is from 1 Feb 2020 – 31 Jan 2021.
Andrew Charter – AIS
Kalindi Commerford – AIS
Davis Atkin – Wests
James Day – OCHC/Melville
Talei Forrest – Central
Anand Gupte – Wests
Aaron Knight – United
Olivia Martin – UCHC
Jay McDonald – Wests
Matt Neeson – United
Emily Robson – ANU
Ben Staines – Goulburn
Jake Staines – Goulburn
Tina Taseska – Central
Hockey ACT Emerging Talent Squad (ETS)
The HACT ETS Program is aimed at athletes that Hockey ACT believe have the potential to progress their hockey to a level deserving of a Full Scholarship with the ACT Academy of Sport within 2-4 years, and also the potential to be nationally identified in the future. The program is selective and selections are been based on past performances and potential to progress.
Athletes within the HACT ETS Program will be afforded the following development opportunities and benefits:
• Access to on pitch training sessions
• Access to Strength and Conditioning sessions
• Access to Educational Sessions such as Nutrition, Psychology and Personal Excellence where available
• Physiological Testing conducted by ACT Academy of Sport staff
• Access to additional training and competition opportunities as they arise