Looking for a quick overview of what’s happening at Hockey ACT?
Read on to find out what’s on this week at Hockey ACT!
Updated: Wednesday, March 18th, 2020
- Want to play hockey in 2020, but don’t know how? Contact the Hockey ACT team today to get started! https://hockeyact.org.au/register-today-play-hockey-in-2020/
- 2020 April School Holiday Skills Clinic – The April school holiday skills clinic has been cancelled. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
- 2020 ACT Women’s Masters Hockey Officials Nomination Form:
If you would like to nominate as an Official for the ACT Women’s Masters Hockey Teams, who will be participating in the Australian Women’s Masters Championships Cairns QLD (1st-11th July 2020)Follow this link to nominate: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScFRGBlCehschBMq0KdbtyDhQwuzZ9H9H468gWWuDq1xaT37A/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1Officials will need to arrive on June 28th and leave July 12thIf you would like any further information, please email: email@example.com
- 2020 Winter Season:
Thursday 19th 2020 Winter Season Senior Delegates Meeting – 6pm Yeend Room
- 2020 Winter Season:
2020 Winter Outdoor Competition Draw has been finalised and released (17th March 2020) these have been sent to all club Presidents who will filter it out to players. First round of competition kicks off on Friday 27th March with two CL1 games being played at 6:20pm and 7:50pm.
- Training Course: Member Protection Information Officer
Do you need training to undertake the role as an Member Protection Information Officer (MPIO) for your sporting club or association? MPIO’s provide information about the rights, responsibilities and options available to an individual making a complaint in sport. They can also inform and advise sport administrators and complaint handlers in Member Protection Policy for specific sports.
Learn how to better manage issues such as harassment, discrimination, abuse and other general matters of concern at your club or association.
Date: Monday 30th March 2020
Time: 6pm till 9pm
Venue: National Hockey Centre, Lyneham ACT
Cost: $60 per person (must be paid prior to event)To register: Please contact Sean Willis on 6207 2528 or firstname.lastname@example.orgRegistrations close Wednesday 25th March 2020.
- Umpiring and Technical Committee: Expression of Interest
The Umpiring and Technical Committee (UTC) is calling for interested persons to submit an expression of interest (EOI) to join the UTC for the 2020 and 2021 seasons. The UTC has the desire for a wide range of the hockey community to be represented on the UTC and as such would welcome EOI’s from coaches, players, umpires, technical officials, committee members, and spectators.To express your interest please submit a (up to) one page document which details your involvement in hockey, your reason for wishing to join the UTC, and any specific skill sets you will bring. EOI’s should be submitted to email@example.com by Sunday, March 22.
- Canberra Regional Hockey Player Registrations are OPEN!
Sign up today: https://hockeyact.org.au/representative/regional-programs/
- Hockey ACT is on the lookout for J-Ball Supervisors and Event Hosts. For more info check out our posting: https://hockeyact.org.au/hockey-act-are-on-the-lookout-for-a-new-j-ball-supervisor/
- Watt Field Light Replacements! We have light! The final touches are being made to our new light on the Watt Field. Maintenance is on track and the Watt Field is scheduled to reopen for training and events on Monday the 16th of March. Thank you for your patience and understanding!